Monday, July 29, 2013

5 Year Blogiversary





Made in USA: Dress: Three Dots (on sale!) // Purse: Luciana Verde via MyHabit 

Imported/Unknown: Shoes: Christian Louboutin // Ring: Gossip on 23rd 


Five years ago I took to the internet and 30 seconds later started a blog. I had have no idea what I'm doing. I can't quite explain why I do this, it certainly isn't any aspirations to leave my 8-4 job and blog full time, but five years later I'm still here.  

I started blogging when it seemed liked every woman on The Nest started a blog as a way to string together a few sentences and share a few hobbies.  I've certainly experimented with a few things over the years. There's that sewing machine that was purchased, abused, and then neglected.  Thank goodness the hubs talked me out of learning how to make my own candles. Then, there was that running flirtation that has blossomed into a full blown lifestyle choice. I'll never forget my first marathon and I'll be eternally grateful that my first one was with my best friend and surrounded by my family in the city I've wanted to work in since I was in the 8th grade.  Okay, technically I work outside of the The District, but when I was in 8th grade I didn't realize how expensive it was to live in DC! 

It was funny to look back at some of my earlier posts and realize that that I'm still obsessed with a few things.  My first post about wanting a DSLR was in 2008, then I begrudgingly waited until May 2010 to take the plunge and purchased my first Canon. That was an expensive hobby! It's yielded a few more lenses, a ton of accessories, and one gorgeous Canon Mark 5DII purchased in December 2012

It's good to know that my fashion obsession has only grown since starting this blog as my very second post was about me lusting over a pair of shoes. Granted, I don't think I ever would have dreamed of going to NY Fashion Week, but that happened in February 2013! My first outfit post in October 2010 wasn't even intended to be an outfit post, I just wanted a decent picture of me wearing a cute dress. I even made a pledge to shop local in September 2008 and that pledge has not only led me to discovering amazing treasures in Baltimore and DC, but to finding my passion of purchasing American made goods

These past five years have been amazing. The hubs and I have moved three times and bought our first house. I started my career in a field that I love and that I happen to be pretty good at - if I may say so myself. I've definitely wracked up a few more wrinkles over the course of the past five years, but with the hubs and the pups it was only to be expected. 

Thanks for stopping by. It doesn't matter if you've been here for 5 years (thanks Aunt Ev!) or you stumbled here this morning because you were searching for a pair of Christian Louboutins. I've meet some absolutely wonderful people through blogging and I wouldn't trade any of those conversations  for anything in the world whether they be in person or via electronic means. There's comfort in knowing that each and every one of us has a voice in this world. This little blog is my attempt at putting my voice out there in the midst of all the noise the world has to offer. I don't know what the next five years will entail (kids? moving? Nikons? new hobbies?), but I know it'll include a lot of laughter. A heck of a lot of laughter. 




10 comments:

  1. lovely post!! congratulations!! love the outfit!! pretty dress, clutch and pumps!!
    visit my blog too and let me know if you would like to follow each other :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 5 years...I love that green bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary! Love those shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS! Want it all. & happy blogging, love bug.

    xx Meaghan
    districtsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 5 years! So glad to have met you! PS You look gorgeous in that dress :)

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! And I love that you named your blog after your Bostons! - We named our dog after our blog... (Mo)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And I LOVE those shoes :)
    XO
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, congrats. What a huge milestone. You look fabulous as always, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome milestone, congrats! Oh, and the Loubs aren't too shabby either ;)

    XO, Alison
    www.ChainStrapPurse.com

    ReplyDelete