Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Recap

It's that time of the year.  Time to look in the review mirror to assess 2012 and then start to think of resolutions and goals for 2013.

I reconnected with my little, ol' blog in 2012 and posted more in one year than I ever had before.  Along the way I made a few blogger buddies and I'm so happy to have connected with others.  I still don't have a central focus on this blog and I hope that's okay with you because it's just fine with me.

Looking back here are my most viewed posts of the year, as well as the posts that meant the most to me.  Thanks for sticking around.  Plenty more to come in 2013.


Top Viewed Posts of 2012


I'll be honest, this probably wasn't the best title for a post, but it got the point across.  This post reaffirmed to me that I need to post more of my decorating projects because while I may not be Martha Stewart I do come up with a cool thing or two every now and then.  Expect to see a ton of more decorating posts in the future.  The hubs and I are making progress on our house and we're getting to the point where I can start to share more images of the house. 




I think this post received so many reviews because I name-dropped serious eye candy pieces.  One of my biggest referencing search terms was "Tory Burch Horsebit Satchel," which means most people came across my window shopping post because they were trying to find the satchel.  That's my bad.  




Not going to lie, but this post was one of my absolute favorites.  Those Jack and Coke slushies have become a staple in my house and among my friends.  I even mass-produced these bad boys for our second annual pig roast and they were a huge hit.  Since making these slushies I've updated my winter drink repertoire to include frozen coffee and Bailey's. It seems I'm mildly obsessed with frozen alcoholic beverages. :) 



My Favorite Posts of the Year:  These can't be put into any type of numerical order



Two of my main loves in my life are my family and running.  Combining the two was just the proverbial icing on the cake.  

Just wait, little nephew... I'm coming for you :) 



I celebrated quite a few birthdays this year with some amazing friends and family, but the one that stuck out the most was celebrating a cool kid's first birthday.  I don't know if there's a greater sight in this world than witnessing the absolute joy in a child's face as they mash a cake, jump in a bouncy castle, or pretty much just run around like a crazy person.  



This past year was a great one for the relationship I have with my husband. We celebrated our 10 year dating anniversary and our 5 year wedding anniversary.  If I had to pick one of the other I'd go with our wedding anniversary because it was a day surrounded by 80 of our closest friends, family, and a pig!  Our wedding wasn't anything over the top, but our marriage is stuff of fairy tales in my mind.  

All of the credit for my blissful marriage goes to my hubs.  He doesn't put up with my crazy, he embraces it.  He has the near perfect balance between having my back and calling me out when I'm being unreasonable.  I don't know how to explain it and that's what makes it magical.  

He is the most patient, kind, loving, supportive, and most importantly - funny person I've ever met. 

He's not just my hubs, he's my life partner. Ever since our wedding we haven't gone a day without saying, "I love you" to each other and meaning it. 




Thanks for stopping by!

See you later 2012. Bring it on 2013.  

I hope you all have a Happy New Year wherever you celebrate it. 


3 comments:

  1. It's funny to look at your top search terms, isn't it? One of the most common ones for my blog is "cat sweaters for humans"... :P lol.

    Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2013!

    p.s. I think I'm going to try that wrapping paper idea...

    Jamie
    forevereightyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your all the posts are very informative for us and also for who visit this website. It's very Good work!
    Autocad Training Center Indore

    ReplyDelete