Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tourist For A Day


I moved to the Baltimore area in 2007 and I'm ashamed to admit that up until this past weekend I had never visited the National Aquarium. I've been to the Zoo, a few museums, numerous concerts, and almost every supporting event this town has to offer, yet somehow I was missing out on Charm City's most well known attraction.

Thankfully, the weather was gorgeous this past weekend and the hubs and I took advantage of the unseasonably high temperatures to wander around the Inner Harbor and spent a few hours amazed inside the Aquarium.  The hubs read every sign, placard, and piece of information (besides the map - obviously!) and I was pleased to remind him that we have to use our reusable grocery bags in order to save the turtles.  It's so funny, but we failed through on previous plans to visit the Aquarium numerous times over the past seven years, but we're already planning a second trip back with friends and family.  I think we'll probably spend even more time in the Jelly Fish exhibit because while terrifying, they are dangerously beautiful.

Are there any major tourist attractions in your area that you've yet to experience?  We still haven't done a harbor cruise and I think we need to cross that item off of our proverbial "Baltimore To-Do" list sooner rather than later.

11 comments:

  1. There are so many places in Austin that I have yet to visit or tour! This post inspired me to do so!! That pic of the octopus is phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting to the aquarium really did inspire me to connect with even more "tourist spots" in Baltimore and especially down in DC. I may or may not have gotten a little pushy with a 5 year old girl armed with an iPad to get that photo of the octopus :)

      Delete
  2. These pictures are beautiful!! I love the colors =)
    xoxo
    Simona
    http://littlethingsandelephants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was amazed by all the colors in the aquarium. I just wish more of my underwater photos would have shown up sharper, but that is certainly not an area I have a lot of experience in doing!

      Delete
  3. Wauw what a gorgeous place! The pictures are gorgeous.

    Much Love, M
    http://blvckorsomething.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to go back again and find more cool creatures.

      Delete
  4. Did you take all of those pictures? How beautiful!! We are not very great tourists in our own city, either. Though we're getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take all of those photos, plus quite a few that won't ever see the light of day! Good luck with being touristy, I know it's something I want to work on too.

      Delete
  5. How did I miss the octopus?? I didn't see that at all. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete