Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Roses are Red

I think it's safe to say I got every penny out of a $4 bouquet from Trader Joe's.  One evening last week I noticed the evening light in my backyard was extra yummy and did what any other person would do in that situation - take my very expensive crystal vase outside and play with my camera settings while sitting in wet grass (we're trying to grow a lawn). 





Dear bokeh: I love you.  

I just can't tell if I like the extra sun rays in the top photo or the more traditional lighting in the last photo.  I'm usually a "clean" person and the first photo reminds me too much of things that are abused in photoshop. Even though all I did in photoshop was save as a jpeg. 

Thoughts? Extra sunshine or extra clean? What about black and white?  B&W photos are my weakness because I love looking at them, but I've yet to be able to edit anything I take in a solid B&W. 

That'll give me a legitimate excuse to pick up another bouquet next week and play even more.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! the 1st and 2nd ones are my faves. We've been growing grass this summer too - we've had some good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete