Friday, August 29, 2008

I want this living room


I can't even contain my excitement right now. Just look at this fantastic room designed by Maryland's own Fiona Newell Weeks. I love everything about this room and it surprisingly enough looks completely livable. You know when you look at those upscale housing magazines you think to yourself, "Looks incredible, but who would actually live there?"

I love high ceilings. Actually, let me clarify that, I love high ceilings with exposed beams. I know a peaked ceiling, like above, would remind some individuals of a church ceiling, but hey, I trekked around Italy for two weeks and adored every single church I had the pleasure to gaze upon. I think the white for the ceiling makes it work. The ceiling isn't dark and heavy and instead gives a very nice airy feeling to the room.

Then, that fabulous sitting area next to the window has me drooling. I can picture myself lounging around on a Saturday afternoon basking in the natural light while reading a book. There even looks like room for a pup to lay next to me while I'm reading. What could possibly be better than that?

Ugh, love the ceiling, love the couch, love the blues, love the skylight, love everything.

I'd only change out the fireplace decorations. I'm not a fan of plants in the house, yeah, it's one of my pet peeves. Then, the dead bird on the mantle has got to go. But those are quick and easy fixes.

Maybe, just maybe, when I'm rich (hahahah) I can hire Fiona to decorate my house. In the meantime I'll have to settle for checking out her studio on the Eastern Shore.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh... Next time I am in Easton, I will have to check this out! When I was down in June, I did some poking around in town, but I was very limited in my tims, so didn't see everything. There are some great places down there.

    ReplyDelete