Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Made in USA Summer Vacation Essentials



I know summer doesn't technically begin until the middle of June, but after spending a week at the beach last week and the upcoming Memorial Day long-weekend my mind has flipped the mental seasons page. Plus, the weather is hot and humid this week.  Summer season it is!

Not matter what you end up doing this summer (tropical getaway, stay cation, road trip, tiki bar happy hour, etc.) there are a few things you're going to need. Above are ten quintessential summer items that are all made in the USA. Honestly, I couldn't pick just one to throw in my bag and instead I'd fight to take all of them for any trip this summer.

I know you might be thinking, "really Heidi, you're the palest person in the world and you didn't include a sunscreen on this list?"  Yeah, I know.  However, my daily facial moisturizer has SPF 30 in it and if I plan to be outside at all I never go less than SPF50 on my face (plus, I wear a hat!).  My sunscreen regime generally gets the nickname, "SPF Ginger" from my friends so I didn't want to frighten anyone with it.  I will have the greatest skin when I'm 60!

So get road trippin' and make sure to share lots of photos with the rest of us so we can all enjoy the summer scenery!

Any other summer vacation essentials I didn't include? Let me know in the comments section.  Any other USA made summer items I need to add to my proverbial list?

No comments:

Post a Comment