Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting

I've already shared that the weather wasn't very dry and warm over the weekend. One thing I love to do when the outside temperatures dip down below the freezing threshold is bake. There's nothing better than a sweet fragrance lingering throughout the house and the cozy, warm feeling achieved by a cooking oven in the kitchen. Jewels usually hangs out in her kennel in the kitchen, just so she can absorb as much of the heat as possible.

My love for baking presents me with one minor problem- I hardly work out during the winter months. The only time my slight asthma kicks in is when it's cold outside. It feels like a rhino is trying to sit on my lungs and it is far from a pleasant sensation. Throw in a bad incident where I nearly passed out because I didn't have my inhaler on me and the hubs is not a fan of me running by myself when it's under 40 degrees. Yeah, he's kind of crazy in the sense that he cares about my personal well-being and wants me to stay alive. Minor details.

Since I refuse to join a gym, it's safe to say that my only real exercise is the daily walk I make from the train station to my office. That's maybe 20 minutes of walking a day... yeah I know, that's not good.

In order to quench my baking thirst and keep my clothes fitting properly, I make do by baking things I don't really like to eat. I'm not a pumpkin person, so it works out quite nicely because the hubs loves pumpkin roll. I've lost count of how many pumpkin rolls I've made this winter, so I was looking for something else to make.

hmmm, we have bananas. I don't like bananas. Let's see what I can make with these bananas and not eat all of them.

The answer: Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting from the ever popular Martha Stewart.

Naked cupcakes.


Now, complete with a yummy Honey-Cinnamon Frosting.

Mmmmm, tasty. Yes, I ate more than one and I don't even like bananas. I may or may not have eaten a ton of frosting as well. It happens to the best of us, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment: