Monday, February 8, 2010

8 years ago...

this guy came over for a nice date. We split a carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and watched the Opening Ceremony for the Winter Olympics.

Okay, that doesn't sound like the most exciting date, but it was a great night between two extremely tired out college jocks. I had just finished my first week of spring soccer conditioning and I could barely lift my backpack over my shoulders. My date had just finished his first week of two-a-day practices for baseball season.

Yuppers, 8 years ago today, the hubs and I had our first date! I think we're going to pick up a pint of ice cream for this Friday's Opening Ceremony for the Winter Olympics.

I went quickly through a stack of old CDs and found a few older pictures of the hubs and me.

Us with our best friends, the guy is the one who actually introduced the hubs and me.

After my brother's high school graduation.

Before my last ADPi spring formal. The hubs was by far the best dressed guy at formal. I loved that tie so much that the hubs wore it again on our wedding day. I thought that was an awesome touch.

Right after the hubs popped the question.

It's been an amazing 8 years.

1 comment: