Sunday, February 8, 2009

Four score and seven years ago...

... the hubs and I had our first date. Well, subtract eighty years from that mark, which leaves us with just seven short years ago. Wow, S-E-V-E-N YEARS!!!!!!!!! That's more than a quarter of my life has been spent with the hubs in some various form.

There were three years and twelve days of dating. An engagement lasting a tad over two and a half years. Finally, that first year and a half of marriage. The funny thing is that if the hubs had it his way, we would have gotten married right after we graduated from college. That would have tacked on another two years to the marriage column. Woah, good thing I politely said, "no!" and told him we were going to have a super long engagement. We're the backwards couple, where the guy is completely ready for marriage and the gal is dragging her feet. I wasn't worried about being married to the hubs, instead it was just a more general freaking out in regards to being married at 22. I still have days where I can't believe I got married before turning 30!

Anyway, last year we ditched our "dating anniversary" since we were now a married couple and had that big "wedding anniversary" to celebrate later in the year. I don't think we would have done anything too far out of the ordinary this year except my super cool brother-in-law gave us a gift card to Fogo de Chão for Christmas. Normally, a gluttony of endless meat is not what I would call a romantic dinner, but since the hubs and I went to Brazil for our honeymoon, a trip to a churrascaria definitely works.

No comments:

Post a Comment