Thursday, June 5, 2014

Made in USA Grilling Essentials



It's June and that means it is officially grilling season! Above you'll find my hubs go-to grilling essentials. I bought him a Weber charcoal grill for his birthday 4 years ago and not only has it survived two moves, but it has thrived while cooking a 20lb turkey for Thanksgiving, supplied brisket, hamburgers, hot dogs & wings for 3 pig roasts, countless cookouts, and it allowed us to enjoy a few home cooked meals during our kitchen renovation. That baby has been put through the ringer and it keeps on trucking. So much so that for the hubs 30th birthday I offered to get him a super duty massive grill and he flat out refused. I know, I was shocked too! Instead, he got almost every grilling accessory known to mankind and made in the USA. These above are his trusty favorites.

Honestly, I couldn't pick just one off the list. How can you say no to cooking a whole chicken on the grill and flavoring it with your favorite beer? And we like to use a grill pan, rather than a basket, for vegetables to keep the juices flowing. And you just can't cook fish on a grill without a solid wood plank. My personal favorite thing to eat off the grill are shrimp kabobs so you need skewers for that. While I'm not necessarily a wing person, I do appreciate a roasted pepper when I come across one so a pan that is dual purpose is A+ in my book. It would be impossible to omit the cast iron melting pot, because otherwise how could you keep the BBQ sauce warm and ready to re-apply during cooking?

Last, but certainly not least - the grilling tool set. That baby gets utilized every time the grill comes on!

Get ready for BBQ season by getting the essentials that are going to survive this year and for years to come. Except for the wood planks, because they do only survive a few uses!

What's your favorite grilling essential?

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, this made me so stoked for summer! My grilling essential would have to be my dad since he is way better at it than I am ;) hehe

    Rachel
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have a grill where I live! No space, unfortunately. I do love barbecuing!

    Melanie | UnraveledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another I-wish-I-had-outdoor-space-to-grill response. I do love planked salmon though and the last cedar planks I bought were made in the USA. Plus, aluminum foil (also American-made).

    The American-Made Guide to Life

    ReplyDelete