Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow Day!


Made in USA: Jeans: old James Jeans (similar) // Tee Shirt: American Apparel //  Socks: Wigwam // Hat: Brixton // Gloves: old Filson (similar) // 

Imported: Boots: Hunter 

My ideal day goes as follows: nice run in the morning, breakfast (gluten free chocolate chip pancakes, french vanilla latte, and a side of bacon), scalding hot shower, read by the fire, watch snow fall, play in snow, thaw out from snow, read some more, play in snow some more, eat chicken noodles soup, get back in the snow etc. Basically I want to play in the snow as much as humanly possible. I was that kid who would only come back inside for a mug of hot coco before changing gloves and then running back outside into the snow. 

I love snow. I get sad every winter where there isn't more snow because I miss it dearly and it's one reason I couldn't imagine moving any further south.

Thankfully, I've got a snow partner in crime in Jax. We huddled in the house on Sunday, eagerly watching the snow accumulate in the backyard. Finally, I looked at the hubs and said, "it's time to play in the snow!" I promptly "borrowed" one of his heavy flannels (I hate running around in a heavy jacket and would rather layer up and wear a heavy flannel), threw sweaters on the dogs, pulled up my boots and away we went.

Jewels lasted all of nine seconds and then begged to be picked up. Jax and I ran around in the yard like the crazy ones we are and the hubs just took it all in. Then we came inside, watched some football, warmed up by the fire, and stared longingly at the snow outside. 


Did you get snow over the weekend? Are you a snow person or do you hate the snow? 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day and that breakfast sounds delicious. I love the pictures and Im so glad that it's finally snowing!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm over the moon excited for the small amounts of snow that the mid-Atlantic gets from time to time. It's snowing again today and I'm like a kid in a candy store all over again.

      Delete
  2. Sounds (and looks) like so much fun! You guys are too cute! PS Wow, so much snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited that it actually stuck to the ground.

      Delete
  3. Y'all are too adorable!! I live in my Hunters this time of year! Paired w/ thick socks, they're better than any snowboots I've ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunters + LL Bean Duck Boots = Survival Necessities. You should tell Mr. FC that you need Hunters in more than one color because in Colorado that's got to be a law or something!

      Delete
  4. great photos! wish we had snow where im from!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know snow isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I couldn't live anywhere that didn't get any snow! I have quite a few family members who live in Phoenix and Florida and I just couldn't do it! I don't know how you do it either!

      Delete
  5. So jealous of the snow!! Your pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete