Friday night I met up with friends, old and new, and celebrated Meaghan's birthday. The night had all the standard birthday party festivities that one would expect for a 25 year old. How are my friends so young? Wait, let's not pull at that thread.
Back to the birthday fun:
1. Drinks aplenty at Southern Hospitality. I started the night off with a Sparkling Ginger (Prosecco, ginger infused Turbinado syrup, candied ginger served in a champagne flute) and it was so good that I need to figure out how to make this at home.
(amazing Sangria at Southern Hospitality in Adams Morgan)
2. Cool bar lights. Seriously, I've always wanted a massive light in my house, but my low ceilings are not on the same page. My parents have a massive two-story foyer and it's a life goal to buy them a huge light to show off their high ceiling.
3. Fashionable clutches and pink gifts. Seriously, I think everyone at the bar picked up and coveted Ashley's gold clutch complete with gold knuckles. I may or may not have said more than once that if a brawl started this was the clutch you wanted in your hands to protect yourself. It seems I'm always mentally prepared to get out of a jam.
4-6. Cell phone & instragram mania, Happy Birthday singing, and candle blowing out traditions.
7. Food! Absolutely amazing pecan pie. I should have gotten a picture of it, but almost everyone in our party got the Mac & Cheese and it received rave reviews.
8. Shots! These were some sort of coffee liquor shots and let me tell you after a long day of work and then heading out for dinner and drinks this was the perfect pick me up.
9. Smirky bartenders.
10. Girls nights with my train buddy! Friday night was out in DC and then Saturday night was PJ party to watch The Hunger Games in suburbia. Thanks to Jodi for taking the picture above. Chances are if I find a nice brick wall at a bar I'm going to want to take a picture in front of it.
Happy Birthday Meaghan! At 25 you can rent a car and not have to pay an underage fee. Welcome to your mid-twenties ... it's an awesome time.