Monday, June 11, 2012

Thank you History Channel



It was another scorching hot weekend in Baltimore.  It's not the heat, it's the humidity that really gets me.  The hubs and I cooled off by looking for a couch in almost every furniture store the Baltimore area has to offer.  However, we think we found a couch! Even better it is under budget!!!

Weekend highlights included: yummy goodness at Thai Yum in Federal Hill, watching the Germany/Portugal game at The Phoenix Emporium in Historic Ellicott City,  cheering on the hubs at a baseball game (I was protected by the blessed shade of a giant tree!), enjoying the backyard with the dogs, and finally watching the Hatfields & McCoys.

Seriously, if you haven't watched the Hatfields & McCoys three part miniseries done on the History Chanel you're missing out.  I don't know if it's our ties to West Virginia or my inner-history buff, but it was amazing.  The hubs started to fall asleep during the first few minutes of it and the next thing I know it's almost midnight and we're debating starting the next part or waiting until Sunday to finish the series.

In a nut shell: the hubs picked finishing the series over watching a bit of the O's game.  That should say something.  After every few murders we would vocally go over the death count tally to see which family was outgunning the other family.

Kevin Costner, I have officially forgiven you for Waterworld.  You gave the hubs Bull Durham and For Love of the Game, so you can do no wrong in his mind, but I still have Rumor Has It stuck in the back of my head and you still owe me for that one!

What did everyone else get into this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. We loved the Hatfield's and McCoy's. We hated when it ended and it was on our mind for days. I spent a lot of time on Google after watching it. LOL Glad you enjoyed it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DVRed it just so we can go back to it again and again this summer! I know it's still on Verizon OnDemand, but I'm not certain how long it'll stay there.

      The crazy part is I knew someone with the last name "Hatfield" in college in West Virginia. She was from Southern West Virginia and now I want to figure out if she's a descendant!

      Delete