Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tropical Storm Hanna

Well it looks like Tropical Storm Hanna has huffed and puffed and blown herself out of the Baltimore Metro area. I sincerely hope that everyone in Hanna's path is safe and sound.

I think we got off pretty easy. Yes, it rained all day, but the rain was nice and steady for the most part. My yard didn't flood and the water level in the street didn't come near the level of the freak thunderstorm we had a few weeks ago. We also lucked out and didn't have any major power interruptions, just a few brown outs here and there.

I did everything I could think of yesterday to prepare for the storm. I refilled our Brita, filled up all our plastic bottles with water, brought out all of our candles, checked flashlights, brought out the new batteries, dusted off the board games, baked muffins (hey, if the power goes out I want something tasty to snack on), cleaned the entire house, wrote down all the emergency numbers, charged the cell phones and checked our gutters for any blockages. I avoided the grocery store because I figured it would be a mad house. Yeah, I used to be in the Scouts... gotta be prepared.

All in all, the only thing Hanna really did was mess up our weekend plans. I was scheduled to meet my aunt and uncle for a fireworks show tonight, but Miss Hanna postponed the show. It's not the end of the world and the show has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Of course Murphy's Law comes into play and as soon as I found out the show was rescheduled to tomorrow, someone called with extra Ravens' tickets for tomorrow's game. Go figure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment