Monday, September 8, 2008

Longwood Gardens

Yesterday, my husband and I drove up to Kennett Square, PA to meet my aunt and uncle at Longwood Gardens. We were originally scheduled to head up on Saturday, but Miss Hanna had other plans. The extra day wait was definitely worth it, as we were treated to a gorgeous day and an amazing fireworks show.

Now, Longwood Gardens is Disney World for my aunt and uncle. They live almost three hours away from Kennett Square and, yet, they lamented yesterday that they had only visited Longwood four times this year. That’s a bad year for them. My aunt is a florist and my uncle is a landscape designer, which meant my husband and I had our own personal tour guides.

I think Longwood is one of those places that no matter how many times you visit, no matter how many photos you take, there will always be something new to discover and enjoy. While we were walking around and taking in the sheer beauty of the grounds, I couldn’t get over how truly fantastic the day was unfolding.

Seriously, I could go on forever with how much fun the day was. In the end, you need to take a trip out to Longwood if you can. If not, go to any botanical garden and just absorb for a few hours Mother Nature’s immense power and talent.

Martha Stewart- eat your heart out!

More bad photos on my Flickr site. I really need to get a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment