Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wedges are what the Doctor ordered


Made in USA: 1: Julie Bee's // 2: Nanette Lepore // 3: Nanette Lepore // 4: Cordani

I hate wedges. There, I said it. Okay, hate is a strong word. I hate Crocs. I have strong lukewarm feelings about wedges. They aren't my least favorite heel type (see previous statement about Crocs), but they just don't excite me the way a pair of stilettos or chunky heel does. 

However, since I've been wearing my beloved hated plantar fasciitis boot nearly every available second I've been home the past two weeks it's safe to say it's that time of the year again where I have to give up my favorite type of heels. And before you get all "just wear flats you idiot!" on me please note that a licensed doctor actually said that flats are NOT GOOD for those with plantar fasciitis! Something about letting the fluid build up in one's heel. Wedges, on the other hand, are the ideal shoe type for those suffering with PF.

With that being said, I'm on the hunt for a pair of wedges that I can wear to work and after hours. In brutal honest talk, I wasn't overly impressed with the pump options in the American made category. Booties - done! Julie Bee's and Nanette Lepore have got me covered. If I can't find made in the USA footwear that I love then I look to the Italian options. And man did I like what I found. Honestly, I can't pick a favorite, but those Acne Studios, Anyi Li, and Aquatalia by Marvin K. wedges pulled at my heart and I'm just trying to make a rational decision.

What's your favorite wedge? Seriously, I'm in the market because I've got just about 2 months until my next marathon and 3 months until my next half marathon. I need shoes to wear outside of the house!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a wedge lover, but I love the first pair by Julie Bee's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who's dealt with plantar fasciitis, I can relate. It's one of the reasons I rarely wear heels. Have you tried the other love/hate shoe style: the clog? You might want to consider it. I actually was told by my PT friends that they're one of the better shoe styles for such foot issues. And, also, do you do the soda bottle trick? It's what helped me the best. Although, I never had a boot.

    ReplyDelete