Monday, September 5, 2011

Laboring at the State Fair


Summers are not quite complete without a trip to the fair! When I was a kid my family used to go to the Orange County fair every summer it seemed. Then, when I became a teenager the cool thing to do was to travel down to the Sussex County fair in NJ. As with all things driving related, you were cooler if you were able to either drive somewhere or had friends who could drive you somewhere.

Well, I'm old enough to drive now (yay!) and this is the first summer that the hubs and I actually made it up to the Maryland State Fair. That's hilarious because when we lived up in Towson we were only 10 minutes away from the fairgrounds and we never made it over for the fair. Oh well.

I was craving a funnel cake like woah, but unfortunately so were hundreds of other people because the line was ridiculously long. It's funny, but after walking around the fairgrounds for hours and seeing all of the greasy food the hubs and I wanted nothing but a salad for dinner! And we like to pig out on fattening food every now and then just like everyone else!


Crazy note, but I love to look at candy apples, but I'm terrified to eat one. I haven't had one in years and the last time I had one I took it home and cut it up in order to eat it. I don't know why, but I have it stuck in my head that my teeth will get ripped out if I try to eat one. Maybe that's just my body's way of trying to keep my sweet tooth under control.


Yuck! I've lost my appetite.

I used to be so good at that game!



Although, after petting all the cute animals I wanted to become a vegetarian. :( I think that's why I gravitated to the sheep and lambs because I don't eat those little guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment