Monday, November 10, 2014

Rugby Stripes


Made in USA: Striped Shirt: Bailey 44 // Jeans: James Jeans // Purse: vintage Coach 
Imported: Boots: super old! Bandolino

My love of stripes knows no bounds. There isn't a need to own as many striped shirts as I do, especially the classic black and white combination. Is it a black shirt with white stripes or is it a white shirt with black stripes? I have shirts that clearly swing both ways on the subject. 

You know what separates a great striped shirt from a bad striped shirt - whether or not the stripes line up at the seams. Seriously, there is nothing more annoying, to me, than when a striped shirt doesn't match at the seams. You know what I'm talking about. You turn to the side and your profile just looks like a brick pattern of stripes. 

That's why I'm in love with this Bailey 44 striped shirt. Not only do the stripes match up at the seams, but the quality goes a step further, and the stripes line up on the arms. That almost never happens! The pocket is clearly designed to mismatch :) 

I'm slowly getting rid of all the striped shirts I own that don't match up at the seams. And also the large stockpile of random color combination striped shirts I used to wear to my brother's college rugby games and upgrading them with better shirts. 

I definitely would have loved having this shirt back when he played rugby, but for now it's perfect from emerging from the house after a Walking Dead marathon (holy hell the living people are scarier than the walkers!). 

So stripes - do you care if the stripes match up at the seams? Or am I just that crazy?

More perfectly lined up stripe seams below from Bailey 44 (striped shirts made in the USA, yes please!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the stripes. Always a classic. http://americanmadeguidetolife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely adorable. I totally get being annoyed by the seam thing but unless you mentioned it, I would not have thought twice.

    ReplyDelete