Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bipolar weather

Don't you hate when you wake up in the morning and you get dressed for the morning's weather, only to find  that when you leave work at the end of the day the weather is completely different?

Happens to me all the time.  I think the problem is exacerbated by the fact that I take mass transit and have a ten minute walk to work and therefore I dress to face the worst of the weather.  While it doesn't seem like that far to walk outside, trust me, in bad weather those ten minutes play out like an hour. I'm not going to lie, I have an inverse relationship to the temperature. When it's cold out I walk fast as heck, but when it's hot out I'm as slow as molasses.

It also cracks me up because if it's raining at all in the morning, then there is a 99.9% chance I'm going to wear my rain boots. I don't know, I just don't like having wet feet and if I can avoid the problem I do at all costs.  So more often than not I'm still rocking my rain boots on my commute home.  There are days like yesterday when it was super bright, hot, and sunny outside in the afternoon that I wanted to wear a sign that said, "it was raining this morning!" When I got to work in the morning it was chilly, foggy, and rainy!

To add an additional level of complexity to my issues, the AC unit broke over the weekend in my office building.  It was ridiculously hot in my office on Tuesday, so I knew on Wednesday I had to be prepared for the heat.  I keep an Alpaca wool poncho in my desk just for days when it gets too cold.  Always be prepared!!!


Yes, I am that person who wears sunglasses AND wellies at the same time, but only if I'm still in my rainboots and the sun comes out to say hello.  However, I totally judge people who wear mini skirts and Uggs! 

The above photo is my proof that it was super sunny out when I got home. 


Sunnies - Cole Haan
Shirt - H&M
Skirt - J.Crew (buy here!)
Belt - Target
Wellies - Hunters Original High Gloss


Trying to give my inner-fashionita a moment and I almost fell over. Must keep both feet on the ground at all times!  Thank goodness the hubs wasn't present and I was using the self-timer because he would have dropped the camera from laughing so hard. 

 Totally difficult to take a decent shot of a shiny necklace with two dogs giving you serious side-eye, but here's my NY/NJ necklace from Catbird.  I'm heading up to NY and NJ this weekend and I'll probably wear this necklace all weekend long.


Anyone else have problems dressing for the day's weather?  Any stories to share about how the weather does a 180 on you?

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting when I read your title "Bipolar Weather". I used to be a bipolar's father. My son has died of suicide and I finished a story of him, you can say a Bipolar's Interview Session. Check out if you will ... http://www.squidoo.com/Moody-is-interviewed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Outfit you look so sweet wearing your Wellingtons I think they are quite sexy on your bare legs and I love them.
    Rosa
    xx

    ReplyDelete