Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do you Rue La La?

I admit, I'm definitely guilty of over indulging in internet shopping. Purses, shirts, jeans, scarves, bags, toothpaste, whatever... sometimes it's just easier to have things shipped to my house.

The one thing I don't normally order online- shoes. I have to try shoes on before I order them. It's a weird distinction, but I've had a few bad experiences with ordering shoes online.

Yet, I had a cool $50 credit to Rue La La that expired December 30th and I wasn't about to let $50 go to waste... so I bought a pair of these lovelies.



Yummy Calvin Klein pumps in a Bordeaux color. Yes, winos, my new shoes are wine colored. They're perfect.

Now, I know some of you fashionistas are looking at the stacked heel aspect and giving them the side-eye. I understand that, really, I do. I felt the exact same way.

That is until I spied the sole of these babies:

Yes, comfy. Again, giving them the side-eye. Don't worry, these pumps blow stilettos out of the water. When your day involves the potential of hopping between trains and subways, you need a cute and functional shoe.

These babies were on my doorstep last Friday and they made the start to my weekend that much better. Especially because I had to work late... on a FRIDAY!!!!

I've worn them to work twice this week and I must say, they're more comfy than my Cole Haan shoes. The very best part, because of my Rue La La credit these shoes only cost me $9.

Yes, $9.

Which is also the same price the hubs and I spent at Starbucks last weekend. Guess which thing is still around a week later and will still be around in a year or two. Certainly, not the coffee!!!

If you want to join Rue La La (a cool boutique where members enjoy premier-brand private sales), because membership is FREE, then click here. You need an invite and I'm more than happy to share the yummy goodness of cute shoes, bags, and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment