Friday, May 29, 2009

My family is coming to town!!!

Alright, there is one aspect of living in Baltimore that I don't like- my family lives hours away. Yes, I know that the hubs and my brother-in-law are family, but every once in awhile I want to be part of the red head majority and not the token red head of the group.

But, that dynamic is changing today, baby! That's right. My family is finally making a trip down to visit me, which is awesome because they haven't been down since August 2007 (aka, they came down for the wedding, and I thank them for that!). (Correction- Ev and Bob are awesome and they've been down to visit- twice, actually. Mom and Dad, you're in second place behind Ev and Bob. Not like I'm keeping score or anything like that.)

Okay, there was a tiny white lie in those statements. My family isn't really coming down to see me, but instead my "little" brother is graduating from college tomorrow. In reality, the family is coming down to cheer him on and then they're being forced into manual labor. The family is all chipping in and helping my brother move to his new place, which is fantastic because it's a whopping 20 minutes away from my place. After everyone one is good and tired out from the move, I'll offer refreshments at my place. I have to bribe my family with food in order for them to visit (I kid, I kid!).

Actually, my sister and nephew are on their way at this very moment and they're sleeping over at my house. Tonight, we're heading down to Camden Yards to catch a little baseball action, which hopefully will include another shaving cream pie ceremony (Matt Wieters is in the lineup!!!!). My nephew has been to Skylands Park quite a few times, but I'm guessing the grandeur of Camden Yards will impress the little guy.

In a nut shell, I'm super excited. I haven't been able to sit still all morning. Okay, the extra cup of coffee might be partially to blame, but I'm just excited. One, I get to see my family. Two, my brother is graduating. Three, he's moving close to me!!!

I need to stop writing. I have the attention span of a gnat at the moment and my sentence structure is suffering because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment