Friday, October 2, 2009

Look! It's a bee

Normally, I'm not really a fan of bees. The whole getting stung aspect of bee interaction usually leaves me in a sour mood. Yesterday afternoon I was outside letting Jax and Jewels roam around when I saw a super bright red Cardinal hanging out in an oak tree. I ran inside to get my camera in the hopes of getting a picture of a cute red head (clearly, I'm biased), but the Cardinal ditched me before I could snap a picture.

I was minding my own business taking a quick picture of a cool looking yellow flower when all of the sudden a bee popped up and starting rubbing around in some pollen. Traditionally, that's when I would have freaked out and ran away from the bee. I'm a wimp when it comes to insects.

I resisted my inner temptation to run away and snapped a few pictures of said bee. He (I think) was a perfect model for thirty seconds and then he fly away to pollinate another flower.

Yay, bee pictures!!!


Yeah, that's Jax roaming around in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment