Friday, September 18, 2009

Pumpkin decorating ideas

I love Halloween. It was my favorite holiday as a child and I still love decorating for Halloween. The hubs thinks I'm slightly crazy when it comes to Halloween and I have feeling he'll object to any decorating I do this year since we had only ONE trick-or-treater stop by our house last year.

I would love to decorate my house in a manner similar to the amazing Mrs. Brooklyn Limestone, but the hubs would freak out and that's not a good thing.

But, the hubs is scheduled to be out of town right before Halloween, so that gives me a few days to decorate without hearing any of his objections. (Insert creepy Halloween laughter here)

There are plenty of ways to decorate pumpkins, but this year I'm honing in on a few of these ideas for a few interior pumpkins. An added bonus, most of these ideas call for fake pumpkins, so they can be stored and re-used for years to come. All links have more pictures and full directions.

Faux Mercury Glass Pumpkins from The DIY Showoff


Decoupaged Poem Pumpkin from Mrs. B


Decoupage Pumpkin from Everyday Artistry


Decoupage Leaf Pumpkin from BHG


Copper-Leafed Pumpkin from BHG

I think this one would look really cute with white pumpkins.

So there you go. Those are a few of the ideas I've seen that I would like to try this year for a few indoor pumpkins. Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment