Friday, October 4, 2013

Monkey Business


It seems this is my, "hello officer" face. I like to call it, "smile huge and act innocent." 


Made in USA: Tee: American Apparel c/o Mail Chimp // Skirt: Karen Kane (chevron version)// Bag: Luciana Verde via My Habit // Nails: Essie 'Bahama Mama' 

Imported/Unknown: Shoes: old Calvin Klein via RueLaLa // Bracelet:  old InPink // Necklace: gifted Wallis (England) 

Monkey business people. Absolute crazy shenigans have occurred this past week.

1. DC. Seriously, Congress. There are no words. Actually, there are plenty of words, but I generally try to keep my f-bomb allotment to four or less per year. It's been tough this week. My best friend is furloughed. Many of my friends are furloughed and it's also affecting my own work details. Not cool.

2. The weather. What the french toast!?!?!?!?! It is OCTOBER and it was almost 90 degrees this week. Fine. I'll wear a white striped skirt after Labor Day. Deal with it! For the record I would much rather be wearing sweaters and as much leather as possible right now.

3. Busted. I live in suburbia and I generally avoid taking any type of outfit post photos in my neighborhood because I don't want my neighbors to think I'm certifiably crazy. They already think I'm pretty looney because they see me running all the time.

For outfit post photos the hubs and I quickly stop by one of three empty buildings on either our way home from work or on our way out to dinner. The massive parking lots and the occasional brick background offer a safe environment. Plus, there is never anyone around so I don't have to deal with anyone thinking I'm weird (besides the hubs). I'm shy enough in front of the camera without someone else throwing side-eye at me.

I guess the one building wasn't so empty. The hubs was able to take a few photos and then we heard a loud, "what are you doing?" There was a security guard coming our way and we decided to get the heck out dodge before I got thrown in jail for refusing to hand over my camera.


I probably couldn't have planned a better day to wear a graphic tee with a massive monkey on it! Has this week been nuts for you as well?

18 comments:

  1. I recognize this shirt! I definitely have a bedazzled version sitting in my drawer :) Love how you paired the graphic tee with a dressier skirt. I'm totally with you on the weather. I just want to wear sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing that shirt over and over again. I usually pair it with a blazer and jeans, but figured why the heck not wear it to work for a change.

      Delete
  2. That's a cute monkey shirt and I love the green handbag, it adds a good pop of color and finishing touch.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That bag is generally my only color because I'm still stuck in my boring black, white, and grey routine.

      Delete
  3. Girl, I don't even want to talk about Congress either...it's embarrassing!! And I still get shy taking photos in public too! You would think that after TWO years I would be used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congress!!!!! GRRR. I can't believe you still get shy. That's insane. My biggest issue is I know the camera is on automatic because my hubs still has zero desire to use the focusing points or listen to my "suggestions." I should be happy that he includes my head on most of the photos!

      Delete
  4. What a cute skirt, love it with the stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That bad boy is also super comfortable which is an added perk.

      Delete
  5. Cute look! I really like your skirt and bag!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. DC has gone totally bananas. I don't even want to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt :)

    http://lilcutie89blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! You are funny :) I like your post. I live in Maryland and I agree with you, I'd rather be wearing sweaters. You have a nice blog. Let me know if you want to follow each other. Have a sweet day!

    Noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to find another Marylander! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. funny tee :)
    besides you have a great blog !
    i like it a lot

    hope you had a nice weekend ?

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Hope you had a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  10. It's definitely crazy hot here in Miami too ... then again, it's always hot here! Love that outfit on you!
    xx lexi @ glitter, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a cold weather person so I'm sweating just thinking about Miami heat! And not the basketball team :) I don't think I could ever live that far south because I would freak out from the high temperatures too often. But more power to you!

      Delete